IF I bought a MBP this week..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Exinor, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Exinor macrumors member

Assuming the updates are coming soon, if I bought a MBP this week, should I buy a really low end model or high end model? In terms of value depreciation, which makes most sense to get?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Because all MBPs use tue same GPUs I would get the low-end model but in the end it comes to your usage. Buy the model that suitsia best for your needs as they all will lose value by about the same percentage

3. czeluff macrumors 6502

low

low-end's dont change their price much.

Before they made Macbook "Pro's" in 13" and without good GPU's, the cheapest Macbook Pro was $1800 on student discount, $2000 without. I'd buy mine for $1800 ($1916 after tax), and JUST before or JUST after the new one came out, i'd set it all up with the best free software, and include the InCase sleeve I bought for it, and get all of my money back.

I still do that to this day with the iMacs, and it seems to work well. Free upgrades for a little bit of work (wipe/reinstall, configure, etc) are always welcome. :)

4. Exinor thread starter macrumors member

So u mean you'd get all your money back selling it away :) also, what's the best way to go about selling a MBP?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you know someone who might buy it, try him/her first. Otherwise, eBay or Craiglist