If I buy a Mac Mini...

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Pamani, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Pamani macrumors regular

Pamani

Can i clone everything in my MBP to the Mac mini? My MBP is from the company I work for and they loaded Vm Fusion and other good Apps that I would like to use. so will I be able to do this? Thanks.

2. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

I hope you intend to purchase those apps to use on your mini. If you dont plan on doing that then any answer here is moot as it is illegal.

3. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

4. nos macrumors member

Hm, that's not exactly true, some software may be installed on two machines.
    It's a good idea to clone it opposed to install it, provided that your system is in good condition.

5. Pamani thread starter macrumors regular

Pamani

then i guess im not doing it... with that said can i get a thread lock. i dont need a bunch of other post telling me how illegal it is cause i know. thanks.

6. Lord Zedd macrumors 6502a

Lord Zedd

7. iGrant macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I would avoid doing that completely. What is the software that you use on work Mac that you want on your Mac Mini? I sure users in this forum can point you to a good place to buy the software at a reasonable price!

-iGrant

8. lamadude macrumors 6502

9. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

I would ask your tech department or IT guys at work to install it for you. Since most likely you will be using your own computer to do company work. They probably have multiple licensees.

10. Lord Zedd macrumors 6502a

Lord Zedd

11. phifer8390 macrumors member

This may not help you Pamani, but I was curious about something like this. I want to upgrade the hard drive in my imac and I was curious if I made a backup using time machine if I could just restore it to my new hard drive? Thanks