If i buy a notebook...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Oct 29, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

......will it come with a Leopard drop-in DVD or a Restore Disk?. Im thinking of buying a new computer but would rather it didn't come with Leopard only but both Tiger and Leopard as i rely heavily on some Tiger-only software right now.

Which means my Leopard transition will have to be slow and steady.

So are new systems coming with DVDs or Restore disks?

2. tngisaga macrumors member

I think if you were to purchase a computer from the Apple Store, most likely it will come with the drop-in Leopard DVD since they need to clear out the stock with Tiger pre-installed. However, maybe in a week or two when new stock comes with Leopard pre-installed, they probably might include Restore Disks that has Leopard on it. Hope that answers your question.

3. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

One way to be *sure* you're getting Tiger is to buy it from someone other than Apple (like Amazon FTW!) and use Apple's Up-to-date to get Leopard for $10. Sure, it's $10, but it's a guarantee you'll get Tiger.

Otherwise run (don't walk) to the closest Apple Store and hope it's got the drop-in. Does anyone have any info on what's being shipped for purchases from Apple.com? I'm curious about both new as well as refurbs.