Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jburrows500

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Hells Kitchen NYC
I went in to order a refurb macbook last night but could not figure out how to get the FCE 99.00 deal. Am I missing something or does that deal only apply to new. Also, can I order an extra gig of ram on the refurbished units, or is that option also only available on new.. thanks everyone.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I went in to order a refurb macbook last night but could not figure out how to get the FCE 99.00 deal. Am I missing something or does that deal only apply to new. Also, can I order an extra gig of ram on the refurbished units, or is that option also only available on new.. thanks everyone.

I could get the free printer with my Refurb Mac, but I'm not sure if FCE and software would be different.

As for upgrading the RAM, the refurb stays as it is listed. You'll have to buy and place more RAM in the Macbook after you buy it. However, you may get some "goodies" with your refurb, such as more RAM or larger hard drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.