If I Buy keynote in German mac appstore will the program be in german?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jumbb, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jumbb macrumors regular

Hi!
    I'm on exchange in Germany and I need keynote, but if I download it in the German mac appstore (the only way since i'm buying itunes cards) will the program I download be in german? And am I gonna be able to chenge it if it is?
    Thanks for your help!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

All of Apple's applications have all the languages they support contained within them, so whichever language you have set as your system language will also be used for Keynote.

In short, you'll be fine.

jW

3. rcp27 macrumors regular

No. I live in Switzerland and the apps I have downloaded from the Swiss app store are available in English, and I'm pretty sure the same applies to other non-English speaking countries. The page in the app store describing the app will tell you what languages it supports.

The only localisation issue that really irritates me is that movies and TV shows in the iTunes store are only available dubbed into French, German or Italian here. Holywood movies, filmed in English are not available with the original sound track. I have no objection to offering dubbed versions as well, but not offering the original is really very irritating.

4. jumbb thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know! Thanks a lot for your answers!

I know! I really don't like that, even if I understand them, I want to watch the film in its original language!