If I buy tuesday and they update it within 14 days...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Ravich, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Ravich macrumors 6502a

I can exchange it for a new one free of charge, right? Or did I make that up?

So that means if I order tuesday and they update the 29th, that I'm in the clear, right? Just had to check. No more waiting.

2. Vylen macrumors 65816

If the box is opened and you've taken it out, they'll charge a 10% restocking fee.

3. vonMarion macrumors newbie

I'm pretty certain that you would have to pay a restocking fee. I'm assuming that's around 10% of the price.

My friend bought a Mac Pro, then two days later the new model
    came out, and he says he had to pay a restocking fee.

4. Ravich thread starter macrumors 6502a

drat. So 10% for an exchange and 15% for a cash refund? And 14 days starting when I order it, or when I ship it?

5. Vylen macrumors 65816

From when you order it.

You're better off just waiting.

6. vonMarion macrumors newbie

Sorry buddy, just keep holding off, using your old, tired computer like I am!

7. BobHail macrumors 6502a

8. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Yes, the question here though is how much longer are we going to have to wait ;)

9. bartzilla macrumors 6502a

Waiting for how long. If you need a particular computer and you don't know that a new one is about to be released then get it when you need it. There's always something better just around the corner.

10. Vylen macrumors 65816

Well, I was saying to wait till the 29th, cause that's some particular date that he's set out... for whatever reason that could be :p

11. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Just wait. It's not worth the time you waste to go through all that.

12. ithinkitsnice macrumors member

Not sure of your location but if you bought it online or over the phone in the UK you can return it — even if it has been opened — for free within 14 days for a full refund. The 14 days start from when you take delivery. This includes buy-to-order products (eg custom configured mac pro), but excludes personalised products (eg ipod laser engraved with your name).

This is due to strict distance selling regulations here. Does not apply to items purchased in-store which are liable for fees.

13. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Soon. ;)

14. Murray M macrumors regular

Murray M

But if you need it, you need it.

Remember: no matter what they say, it will only be about 10% better. It always is like that. You've got to balance that 10% to the amount of frustration you expect in the next month or two.

15. Tonytownsend macrumors member

I bought one yesterday. I loaded a track I was working on in My PPC 2.7.
    I dont know what I was worried about this computer is definatly fast enough.
    and if there is some huge(Im Mean Huge) upgrades Ill pay the restocking fee.

16. Ravich thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm in the US, so I guess I dont get that option. After reading the return policy, I guess the 14 day rule I had in mind was just the opportunity to return it (at the loss of the restocking fee).

Bleh. I still dont feel comfortable waiting any longer, as much as I hate paying so much money for a systen that hasnt changed in almost 16 months.

17. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I know what you are going through. The Mac Pro could be updated by the end of this month. But it might not - so that week and a half feels indefinite, like forever. If nothing is updated by the end of this month (when rumors say quad core Xeons will be available in bulk) then I think you'll be more comfortable pulling the trigger on buying a current Mac Pro. Just my 2 cents.

18. Ravich thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah... but it will be that much older, and I will have waited that much longer, making it that much harder not to wait just a little bit more...

If they update by the end of the month, I'll just have to pay the restocking fee. This, of course, could all be avoided if Apple would just update the Mac Pro on Tuesday -.-

19. iLoveiMacs macrumors member

iLoveiMacs

I am also waiting for a new Mac Pro. I can't wait!! Seriously. :eek:

20. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Yea, like DEATH!!

21. BobHail macrumors 6502a

What´s wrong with death? Isn´t that a good thing? It´s all about point of view. :)

22. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

All in all, if I had a choice, I'd choose a Mac Pro over death :D

23. spencer elliott macrumors member

spencer elliott

i just went through this

i bought from Micro Center and highly recommend going there if you have one in your city. then again they really helped me out and im not sure if youd get the same service i did here in St. Louis. they allowed me to return the mac pro i bought last week w/out charging me an open box fee. they allow 30 days to return computers, monitor, etc...

normally they would have charged the fee, but i spoke with them about the speculated update and they understood my concern. they told me to take it home and when the new one was updated, they would swap it. after no announcement at WWDC and nothing reported they let me swap it out for a new MacBookPro instead and refunded me the difference. pretty awesome. so now i wait for the new MP with everyone else...

good luck

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think I'll wait. No point into rushing into it, and realizing you purchased too soon. ;)

25. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Want ≠ Need

If you want something then you can wait(how much longer no one knows for certain). But if you need it then you should buy what's available.