iPhone If I buy used 4s that has ios 6.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by banzai75x, Sep 26, 2012.

1. banzai75x macrumors newbie

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No. Once an iPhone 4S has been updated to iOS 6.0 and Apple is no longer signing 5.1.1, it can never be downgraded. Never.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

no, at the moment no way to downgrade to 5.1.1 on a 4S even if you have blobs for it, maybe the devs will figure something out in the future.

Edit:
    3 no's in a minute...

4. banzai75x thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. I will stick with my 4 for now.

Appreciate the quick responses.

5. jacobss macrumors 6502

6. banzai75x thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I could too, but it wouldn't be able to save the blobs. Then if I proceed to do a JB, and something goes wrong or I need to wipe my phone after the JB, I wouldn't be able to go back to 5.1.1 from what I've read.

Also, even though whoever is selling to me would most likely reset and wipe I like to do factory restore before the JB.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

While you're probably correct with this assumption, I do want to say that the 5.1.1 jailbreak is one of, if not the, most stable jailbreaks ever. So long as you research before installing you shouldn't have any problems. I had a crash two days ago which was the first crash I experienced in several months. And the reason it crashed was because I installed the Motion tweak which conflicted (at least I think) with FolderEnhancer. I always choose functionality over appearance so I kept FolderEnhancer and removed Motion. Haven't crashed since.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Look for one previously jailbroken with 5.1.1 hashes stored on Cydia and still on 5.1.1
    I see them frequrntly on Craigslist

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Make me a offer if the price is right it's yours box manual headphones cord etc..

4S
    32gb black
    Factory Unlocked
    Shsh Blobs are saved
    5.1.1 jailbroken