If I cancel iTunes Match and just have Apple Music but cancel Apple Music Later I lose my purchased

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by TsMkLg068426, Jul 8, 2015.

1. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

I would lose all my purchased music? This does not sound right sounds like highway robbery.

2. Rigby macrumors 601

It doesn't sound right because it isn't true. You can always redownload your purchased music. No subscription of either Apple Music or iTunes Match is required for that.

3. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you because reading other threads they say keep iTunes Match because of DRM so that confused me also every song downloaded on my Mac but not my iPhone. Plus with Apple Music I can listen offline if I don't want to stream music over data.

Good to hear that my won't be losses after canceling iTunes Match and if later after canceling Apple Music.

4. flur macrumors 68000

You will be able to re-download your iTunes purchased music. This does NOT negate that you should back up your entire library BEFORE turning on Apple Music and iCloud Music Library, and you should keep that copy for, well, forever. Some of us have had music removed from our hard drives when turning off AM/iCML (a bug, of course).