If I cancel my MobileMe will I lose my address?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by BG-Mac, Jul 7, 2009.

1. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

I started a free trial which ends in 5 days and do not want to pay for the subscription for another couple months which is when I need it. If I cancel can I re-activate the same account in the future? Thanks in advance...... :D:apple:

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Nope

You will not be able to get your account back or your username

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You will not be able to re-activate it or use the same user name. Thought you might want confirmation from a non-canine. :D

Attached Files:

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not sure a velociraptor is any more trustworthy ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Women with their pants around their feet are always trustworthy ;).

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I don't think what was said is correct, although just going off what happens in my situation.

I had the trial when they first launched mobileme and cancelled after the couple 30-60 day extensions they gave. I can still login with that old username now and it prompts me for payment.

7. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I believe you have 60 days from the date of expiration to renew with the same username and password.

8. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

It took me a little while to figure out how to do it, but it is possible. You have to log in me.com, and use the activation code from there. I know it had been much longer than 60 days.

9. BG-Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm... looks like varying responses. Anyone else care to chime in?

10. Marquito macrumors newbie

Yes, you can re-activate an expired trial and keep the original username. I've done it twice. I don't know exactly how long the username stays on the system before it drops off and becomes up for public grabs, I've read that it's up to a year, but in both my cases it was considerably longer than 60 days, more like 4 or 5 months.

If you're still not convinced, why not do a Live Chat with Apple and find out.

11. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Cool, Im in the same boat, I will activate my account once I receive my new Iphone next week and have found a cheap activation code :)

12. iGary Guest

iGary

If the power company turns off the electricity, will my TV still work?

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Recently we through the switch from Mac.com to Me.com. Due to this switch, there have been some irregularities in account handling and extensions. Some of this was due to Apple giving free service for months due to issues with accounts.

When things are running normally if you will, my understanding is that when a trial or regular membership expires, you will have a time period to renew your account. Not sure what the timeframe is, but I believe somewhere between 30-90 days.

After that, your account cannot be reactivated.

Also, once you give up your account, the user ID cannot be used in the future by someone else.

YMMV.

14. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

Definitely yes! Of course, it must be Apple TV! xD

15. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

I can confirm, my trial ended in 3 months ago, I got a 12 month activation subscription yesterday using my trial email address and it worked