Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tec2030

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
What should I do if I can't be home for the iPhone delivery and it says that the package needs to have a signature by someone. Should I leave a note on the door, or is there something I can fill out on FedEx's website.

Any help is greatly appreciate!
Thanks!

musicman21

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Leave a note on the door that includes the tracking number, where you want the package left, and your signature as well as your name printed. Works for me every time.

jp700p

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
What should I do if I can't be home for the iPhone delivery and it says that the package needs to have a signature by someone. Should I leave a note on the door, or is there something I can fill out on FedEx's website.

Any help is greatly appreciate!
Thanks!

You can try calling FedEx and ask them to leave it at the facility and you go pick it up.

Remmnever

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2011
UPS has a form you fill out and leave on your door so that you don't need signature confirmation. I ordered my iphone through apple and this option was available. I would think fed ex has a similar procedure.

tec2030

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks guys! Very helpful. I'm going to try to leave a note at the door where they shoud leave it. I'm not exactly close the FedEx location in my city, so it would be very out of the way.

mrcribbs

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2008
I won't be able to sign for my package, what can I do?

For packages not requiring a signature for release, our drivers will leave the package at a recipient's door, or other secure location, if the driver believes it is reasonable to do so. If your package was shipped with the Indirect Signature Release option, you may leave a signed and dated handwritten note on the door instructing the driver to leave the package at your door.

EDIT: From fedex.com

Last edited:

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
I'm not sure you want to do that. It's so easy for someone to just take it, including the Fedex guy and if you sign that waiver Fedex and Apple are essentially off the hook. It might be safer to just to have them hold it for you.

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
Does Apple do the indirect signature? I know with my PS3 coming back from repair I had to sign for it in person, they wouldnt leave it with a note.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.