If I click restore...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JReynolds, May 26, 2010.

1. JReynolds macrumors 6502

If I click restore will it also update the firmware? I'm selling my wife's and my iPhones and I need to restore them but maintain the unlock...

How do I restore and keep the unlock?

Restore, spirit JB, unlock via Cydia???

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

What kind of iPhones? If they are 3G then you can unlock them with ultrasnow in Cydia on 3.1.3. As of now, if you are using a 3GS then ultrasnow won't work

So yes (if they are 3G), if you click restore it will update the firmware to 3.1.3, then you would jailbreak with spirit, and unlock with ultrasnow, and it should be unlocked for use with other carriers.

If they are 3GS, you are going to have to stay at 3.1.2 firmware. This would involved having your SHSH backed up, restoring the 3.1.2 firmware via iTunes, and jailbreaking with spirit and unlocking with ultrasnow (I think). I'm not completely sure on the process to do that, so hopefully someone else can offer some input if your phones are 3GS.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

How can you tell him Ultrasn0w will work when you don't even know which baseband he has ?? :confused:

OP -- if you restore, you will loose everything, jailbreak and unlock unless you do it correctly.

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Oh sorry I had read somewhere else that the stock 3.1.3 firmware for 3G was unlockable via ultrasnow. I thought that when you updated the firmware it updated the baseband as well so the baseband for 3.1.3 would be the same on all 3G phones, I guess I was mistaken.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Huh? The baseband would be 5.12.01 on stock 3.1.3. Only 5.11.07 is unlockable.

6. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Haha alright well then nevermind, I must know nothing