If I didn't like the iPad 1, do you think I'll like this?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by britneyfan, Mar 11, 2012.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

So I ordered an iPad 3 hesitantly.

I didn't like the iPad 1. I thought it was too big and uncomfortable to use. I thought the screen was ugly. I didn't like my Apple case. I didn't find it convenient to use when I had my laptop. It was too slow. IDK.

I wonder if this one will fix the problems.

2. slicecom macrumors 68020

I doubt you'll like it if you didn't like the first one.

3. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think I maybe just needed to train myself to use it. LOL.

4. falcora macrumors 6502

some of your concerns that you had with the iPad 1, won't be an issue with the 3rd gen iPad. It won't be slow, you'll love the screen, and you can get a case that you like.

5. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

If you didn't like the first one you'll probably won't like this one either but who knows it may grow on you. :D

6. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Did you uh.. look at any information on the iPad 3 at all?

I kind of doubt you will find the screen ugly, its being called the best one ever put on a mobile device.

The web browsing speed was significantly improved on the iPad 2 and will surely be as good on the 3 and more ram may improve it further.

Didn't like your apple case? Heh, if you waited a month there were a hundred cases for the iPad, and will be for the 3. And really I think most soft iPad 2 cases will still work on the 3, its such a slight difference. Theres no way .8 mm would stop it from fitting in the case I have.

As for being too big.. while its a bit thicker than the ipad 2, its still substantially thinner than the iPad 1.

I expected to say you probably wouldn't really like it... but then you listed everything thats been improved.

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yes, you will have many of these issues addressed.

Beginning with iPad 2, it was much lighter and significantly faster. I still prefer a laptop for anything that requires typing though.

Of course, you have about 14 days with Apple to change your mind and return it for a refund.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Quite the contrary. If you didn't like it, that's your right. Just because it exists doesn't mean it's for everyone. You are not in the minority, just because Apple sells iPads in massive quantities doesn't mean it's a must have item.

Many of the thousands upon thousands sold are bought by those who are vain & want to keep up with their peers. Or they're impulse buyers that buy all kinds of things they don't need, or wont use after the newness wears off.

I know of people who just had to have one, only to let it collect dust after the first few weeks. Only you can determine your needs vs wants. Buy only what does work for you. Ignore the rest :)

9. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

And I thought of another thing.
    The last one I had was 16 GB.

I got a 64 GB so I can be more comfortable using it as a primary device :)

10. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

NO ... save the inventory for people who like em

11. JacaByte macrumors 6502

You should have waited for the 3rd gen iPads to appear in stores (or waited for a friend to get one) so you could handle one in person before you made the decision to buy one. When spending so much money on electronics such as an iPad you shouldn't be on the fence, you should be like "Shut up and take my money!"

That said, many of the things you said you didn't like about the first gen iPad were fixed/improved by the iPad 2. Odds are that you'll love the iPad 3, changes being cumulative and all.

12. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

This one is smaller, but you'll still proabably think it's too big. I know the "2" is thinner and lighter, but the width and height is basically the same. And by too big, I assume you're talking about dimensions. You didn't say it was too heavy...

The screen will look a lot better. There are a bunch of great cases. And if you didn't find the first one convenient then you'll pronabaly feel the same about this one. And it'll be faster than the original.

Overall, I don't think you'll like the new iPad, so yeah... :)

13. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

for those same reasons i didn't like the first iPad, but iPad 2 pretty much fixed all those problems except for the screen. i can't wait to get the new one.

14. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

I laughed lol

15. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

If the first one didn't work for you I'm not sure the new one will either.