If I do a restore without back up ..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by justjax, Aug 27, 2013.

1. justjax macrumors regular

Apple are insisting that to resolve my issues with my iPhone 5 I basically have to so a restore and not install the backup. If I do this I know I'll lose a bunch of stuff if I don't get a 3rd party app or program to back them up. Question is, if I have an iPad, will once I do a restore and login with my apple ID, will it auto Sync and restore notes and reminders, effectively meaning I'm only losing text/iMessages?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yes, any iCloud synced data like Notes, Contacts, etc will reappear on the device once you enter the AppleID and turn on iCloud.

3. CHMK macrumors regular

to be honest u really shouldnt lose anything... remember to transfer purchases first though. i mean u can sync music notes messages reminders apps etc... even mail messages will re download. the only thing u will have to reconfigure will be system settings such as brightness, layout of apps, time formats wallpapers etc, which should take u little time.

4. justjax thread starter macrumors regular

Surely I lose old texts if I'm not restoring a back up? Or do me mean just iMessages will be intact?

5. CHMK macrumors regular

i think just imessages.

bearing that in mind backup ur photos too.

6. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

What is the problem with your phone that Apple are trying to resolve?