IF I do DF what's the best strategy for selecting the ATT store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by knshdion, Jul 22, 2008.

1. knshdion macrumors newbie

I've been vicariously feeling the pain of all of you DF orders. Despite my FAN account, I was originally determined to purchase at Apple because of all of the DF horror stories. Now, all of the Apple stores keep selling out before I can get to them and then there's the removal of the FAN discount.

So has anyone noticed any sort of pattern in terms of speed of fulfillments other than white phones shipping fastest? Like is it better to go to the ATT flagship store or one of the smaller out of the way ones? I'm looking to get a 16gb, color is not important. I'm in the DC/NOVA/MD if that makea a difference.

2. jakeacc macrumors regular

Thats tricky. The bigger more popular AT&T stores are going to have a longer waiting list of people who signed up for DF, but at the same time, they will probably get bigger inventory shipments than smaller AT&T branches.

3. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

with DF's taking 10-21 days regardless of the store size/location and reported shortages I don't see it mattering.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I would call the few closest to you and ask them. The one I spoke to yesterday told me that the white version is coming in about two days, but the 8 and 16g black are both taking way longer. That could make up your mind for you. ;)

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Call, Call, Call

Go to AT&T's web site and do a zipcode search for stores around you

Call the closet 5 and see what they say

Quick, Easy, and gives you answers

6. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

As of now, it's hard to say. Call or go to your nearest AT&T stores and ask managers how quickly their orders are coming in. A store getting a lot of orders will probably be quicker, but it also depends on which model you get. 16 GB black is shipping slowest, while 16 GB white is fastest, with 8 GB in between. Good luck.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ok, I've been seeing these initials around these forums but have no idea what they mean....DF and FAN. What do they stand for?

8. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

DF= Direct Fulfillment, which is ordering a specific phone from the AT&T store directly, swiping your CC, and waiting for your phone to be shipped to the store.

FAN= I can't remember what it stands for, but it's a discount program for college students or employees of participating companies. They get a nice discount off of AT&T plans.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thanks.