If I do wait on line at the apple store, will I get one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JPIndustrie, Jul 14, 2008.

1. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Hey guys,

This friday, I'll have one number that's eligible for upgrade. I've already resigned myself to waiting in line for this thing, and I'm willing to devote the 4-5 hours on line necessary to get it.

My question is, if I get there in the morning, right when it opens, whatever place I am in line and I devote the 4-5 hours waiting, can I actually get one, or is it trial and error? The thing is, I'll only really have one day off - and while I don't mind spending it on line for a phone, I don't want to come home empty handed.

Thanks!

2. gts197 macrumors regular

No one can possibly give you a straight answer to this question. Who knows how much stock the store you decide to go to is going to have? You can check the website the night before for availability but its a crap shoot. I honestly think that either late this week or sometime next week there are going to be plenty of phones on store shelves.

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I dont know, I have an iphone 3g and i need to exchange it for another one because its having screen/casing issues but both appl stores within 50 miles frmo me are totally out of every variety of 3g iphones for days.

4. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

My Apple Store is out of stock. However when mine broke today and I took it in they had one for me. Seems some store kept some incase some broke.

I waited in line for 2 hours on launch day and got one. That same Apple store did not run out of iPhones till this morning.

They sold iPhones from 8am on Friday to this morning with out running out. I would say if they have stock and you wait in line, you will get one.

5. JPIndustrie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Any tips for those waiting? How are the lines now? Should I get there 2 hrs before opening?

6. dap1215 macrumors regular

Go here 1st.. http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

If your apple store is gonna have the type of iphone you want in, then get there early and enjoy!

7. angel1286 macrumors member

it depends where you are, i live in brooklyn and got mine on launch day(took 7 hours) and i know that none of the apple stores in NYC ran out...so i would check availability online and if they will have it go at opening time, maybe an hour before.