If I DON'T preorder...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlazeX444, Jun 8, 2010.

1. BlazeX444 macrumors newbie

I plan on waiting in line for my iphone 4 at my nearest at&t...if i DON'T pre-order it, what are my chances of getting on on lauch day?

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Might be fine. Get there early. But why not pre order? (unless your buying unsubsidized like me. which I don't see an option for that on the current 3GS order page, on Apple site.)

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

How can any of us possibly answer that? We have no idea how many your store will get, how many people will be in line before you, what time you may get to said line, many many factors. I know it's cool to start posts but ffs, have a reason to start one.

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Last year at AT&T your chance would have been zero. They sold out of ore-orders and had a waiting list. Apple stores didn't have that problem. In my area, for every 1 phone AT&T got, Apple got about 20. Very unbalanced proportion.

5. arykmax macrumors regular

If you don't preorder, you will probably have a better chance at an Apple store over an AT&T store.

6. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I've never preordered an iPhone. I've always waited in line and have ALWAYS gotten one. I am always one of the first in line though. It is a fun experience although I can't decide if I am going to wait in line this year. LOL

7. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I walked into my ATT store in the afternoon the day of the launch and walked out with my 3gs in about hour. I would expect the same this year too.

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

9. bidwalj macrumors 65816

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

you cold walk into any AT&T or Apple Store today and buy an iPhone 3GS without any problems or having to wait in line. So I'm sure that if you don't get an iPhone 4 at launch, I'm sure you'll get one eventually, so don't worry about it, you'll get one.

11. Screwtape macrumors regular

It depends on a lot of things, but if you go by the last last few launches, AT&T always runs out first. I remember stories of some AT&T stores only having 3 iPhones for 20+ people lines. Apple Stores are a better bet, and pre-ordering is obviously your best bet.