If I get rid of my jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ROADDOG01, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ROADDOG01 macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

I did the jailbreak on my iohone 4, I have 4.3.3 with AT&T.

I do sync my iphone often my question is will I lose my contacts on my phone if I redo the phone to new. Also How does that work with the cell number I have does that stay on the phone sorry for the questions sound dumb Just want to make sure. Thanks very much in advance for the help and sorry if this is a re-post.

John

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you restore the iPhone as new, you will lose everything. As long as your SIM card is in the phone, you will have that number. A restore does not affect your SIM card. :)

3. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Thanks so much for the fast reply. Is there a way I can back up my contact with my cell jailbroken.

4. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Sorry but one more question. Will apple know that I did the jailbreak if I set it up as new. Thanks again for all the help.

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You can back it up normally.

If you set the phone up as new, there will be no traces of the jailbreak. Even if you restore from a jailbroken backup, Cydia will not be there and neither will any tweaks or apps you got from jailbreaking. Some people say that Apple could potentially still notice that you did it but I really don't think that any person working at the Genius bar is going to dive that deep into your iPhone just to see if you jailbroke. If anyone at Apple ever asks you about jailbreaking, just say that you've never heard of it.

6. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

No, as of now. We do not officially know, but it is safe to say that Apple won't be coming to your door the next day and take away your device... In fact, jailbreaking is legal, but bad from Apple's perspective (no warranty/help for any issues [which is slim to none]).

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

A fear is that with some future update, Apple will be able to detect jailbroken phones and do whatever with them (render them useless, remove jailbreak, flag them) but I honestly think that they would never do that. So many new features that are implemented into iOS are originally thought up by jailbreakers.

8. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

I agree with you. However, the features would have come eventually. OF course, Apple knows that people jailbreak for features. Think of jailbreaking as a nightly build of every iOS to come. Eventually, any jailbreaking features would come to iOS for the general public (geeks and non-geeks) to use, if it will fit will with most iOS users. :D

9. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Thanks so much for the help

10. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Thanks so much for the help.

11. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

Your welcome. Always happy to help out the iOS communities.

12. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Love this place AMAZING

13. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You're very welcome! :D

This place loves you too. ;)