If I get tethering plan can I still mywi unlimited?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rsabian, Aug 25, 2011.

1. rsabian macrumors newbie

Verizon is forcing mywi users to get the 2gb tethering plan. I have unlimited data plan, so if I buy the tethering plan but use mywi will it suck the data from my unlimited plan or drain my 2gb plan?

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

When you switch to the tethering plan, you will no longer have the unlimited plan. You will only be able to use the 2GB plan and anything over 2GB will be charged extra.

Most likely since the unlimited plan is no longer offered, you won't be able to switch back to the unlimited plan once you no longer want the 2GB tethering plan.

You can't keep both plans. MyWi still uses data and there is no way to hide that fact.

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

Do you know what tethering is?

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

Have they forced you or anybody you know to change their plan already?

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Your logic doesn't make sense at all. Let's say Verizon let's you keep the unlimited plan with your iphone AND 2 GB for tethering. What makes you think MyWi uses your iphone unlimited rather than the tethering plan? Common sense tells me that MyWi will use the 2GB tethering rather than the iphone's unlimited plan. If MyWi is able to do that then you won't need the tethering plan.