Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qwanza

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
:mad:Today I was out with my friends, when we all were leaving I noticed my friend Tommy had accidentaly taken the wrong bag (we have the same bag).
So I went to call him and what happens? My iPhone is frozen. So i reset my phone and wait and wait and wait... The ALoD strikes.
Angry enough i go home and recover my phone and all is good.
An hour later (Now 6 30) my phone has frozen again. I almost threw it at the wall but didnt. So i go through the whole recovery process again and go watch T.V. I come back now and it somehow restarted itself and it happened again.:mad:

2.1 better fix it or i'll go F***ing mental!

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
:mad:Today I was out with my friends, when we all were leaving I noticed my friend Tommy had accidentaly taken the wrong bag (we have the same bag).
So I went to call him and what happens? My iPhone is frozen. So i reset my phone and wait and wait and wait... The ALoD strikes.
Angry enough i go home and recover my phone and all is good.
An hour later (Now 6 30) my phone has frozen again. I almost threw it at the wall but didnt. So i go through the whole recovery process again and go watch T.V. I come back now and it somehow restarted itself and it happened again.:mad:

2.1 better fix it or i'll go F***ing mental!
Uh oh, it sounds like you need to learn how to use your iPhone 'correctly.' You see, it's YOUR fault that iPhone's OS is such a steaming pile of crap.

;)

Just kidding, of course. But if you wait long enough, those are the kind of ignorant comments people will start making. Just thought I'd prepare you. :D

pj rage

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
If you ALoD people have determined it's not a hardware problem (which I think you have), it's clearly something you are doing, or installing.

I'm NOT saying it's YOUR fault as in "too bad, must be user error." Clearly there is a huge problem that the operator isn't at the root of (unless you are jailbroken and messing with the phone). Anything the end user can change or install should never be able to do this to the phone, but, unfortunately, until apple gets their act together, it seems like you have to take matters into your own hands, which means finding out what you are doing that is causing this, and stop doing it until it's fixed properly by apple. A particular app perhaps? I'm not sure, but the ALoD people are definitely in the minority, and if it ain't hardware, it's firmware. Find the common thread among all of you, and stop doing whatever it is until apple fixes it.

qwanza

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
It's not like i have jailbroken my phone.
It may Possibly be the fact i have 28 Apps but i dont know.
Thanks for your Help.

Mavis that was funny...:)

pj rage

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
It's not like i have jailbroken my phone.
It may Possibly be the fact i have 28 Apps but i dont know.
Thanks for your Help.

Mavis that was funny...:)
28 apps is nothing, so it's not an app overload problem. Perhaps it's a particular one of the 28 that is misbehaving in the OS and changing something?

Also, I think it was actually Mavis that has a post on this forum detailing how to fix the ALoD problem without restoring. You have to jailbreak, but it's worth it if you are restoring 3x a day... Besides that, jailbreaking has numerous other advantages.

So if you aren't serious about fixing, err, avoiding the ALoD, you can at least recover from it in 10 min instead of several hours of a restore.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
I have jailbroken my phone and don't get that problem. I have installed tons of stupid crap from cydia and no problems. It has other glitches from jailbreaking but it isn't necessary to blame that as the cause as Apple has admitted to the phone being buggy. (even if only in their own subtle way)

I don't know why your phone is so messed up and don't think anybody else here knows why. This is maybe a question that needs Apple to answer it.

Oh and i just read the last post and it is actually funny to me that jailbreaking is a possible "work around" for this "issue".

Lightbrazer

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
It's not the number of apps per se, it's anything that causes springboard to go more than two minutes without responding to watchdog. The more apps you have the more likely this is to happen, but any app that's highly fragmented can cause this to occur. OR even small apps can make this occur if a lot of the apple apps are open this is becuase with safari, mail, phone, sms, maps etc all running the background springboard can lag on remapping even your low number of apps.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
ALoD? What does that stand for? I recognize the "... of Death" part, but what's the AL stand for?

maxxscholten

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2008
I got the ALoD last night for the first time (8 gig, 2G) and it scared the hell out of me. I have heard so many awful things about it and was always thinking "man that sucks, glad I don't have that luck."

But then last night everything started crashing and not responding and I had to do a hard reset, only to come upon the ALoD. I was especially scared since I rely on my phone to wake me up for classes. I was able to just plug it in to my MacBook and it came to alright, but now I'm scared to reset it or turn it off again... or really even use apps that much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.