If i get the Imac 3.06 Ghz with 4gb ram...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by den3ny, Oct 7, 2008.

1. den3ny macrumors newbie

Will i be able to play wow and the expansions on one monitor with the resolution all the way up, while on a seperate monitor, be able to record music on acid pro? Does this computer have enough power to do both with no lag?

2. singhy44 macrumors member

It's possible, but you might have to turn down some setttings on your mac for WoW. Although I don't understand why you can't do them one after the other, as they seem unrelated. I'm expecting you will struggle with doing both at the same time, unless you can use your eyes independently...Anyway, yes you should be able to, but perhaps a Mac Pro might be better suited to your needs. If the iMac is all your budget will stretch to, it should do the job. Will try it out when I get mine.

3. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

at the same time???
    why???
    it will do it with a bit of lag prolly
    Get a Mac pro or stop playing a game for 13 year olds from 2006

4. den3ny thread starter macrumors newbie

there is quite a bit of downtime in wow, so i figured rather that just sitting and doing nothing sometimes, i could have an option to be productive...

5. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

If you would like to be productive, stop playing games... :p

6. belunos macrumors member

We all work in different ways, stop criticizing this guy for how he(she) wants to do things.

Honestly, yea, I think that would work. WoW isn't very new, and when it was it wasn't very demanding on the system. I think you could get away with what you're trying to do.

7. midnightvii macrumors member

you should compromise. Since you are working, you probably don't really need the high res WOW running. Sounds app tended to take up a lot of CPU. that way you can give yourself a break! and still have fun while working.

8. SilentCrs macrumors regular

1.) Those statements don't really work together with "or".

2.) I'm 29 and most of my guild is in their 20-40s. If anything, Wow tends to attract older players. Most of the young players seem to be playing casual games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

9. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

or fits because i was suggesting he needed a mac pro only if he did not stop playing wow