Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brannon

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2009
is that in the back of the store?

It depends on the store, some are in the back, or on the sides, some have designated areas upstairs.

But if you walk in and ask, one of the people in the blue apple shirts will point you in the right direction.

What kind of issues are you having?

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
It depends on the store, some are in the back, or on the sides, some have designated areas upstairs.

But if you walk in and ask, one of the people in the blue apple shirts will point you in the right direction.

What kind of issues are you having?
i read people with bad battery life got their phones swapped and noticed improvement...im just afraid of getting yellow screen

Brannon

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2009
i read people with bad battery life got their phones swapped and noticed improvement...im just afraid of getting yellow screen

Just restore your phone through iTunes and restore it from back up. If that does not work restore your phone and add all of your stuff back individually to determine what could be corrupted to affect your battery life.

Exchanging phones may not necessarily help, as this is rumored to be a software bug inside of the core code of iOS 5, a fix should be out soon(ish) .

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Just restore your phone through iTunes and restore it from back up. If that does not work restore your phone and add all of your stuff back individually to determine what could be corrupted to affect your battery life.

Exchanging phones may not necessarily help, as this is rumored to be a software bug inside of the core code of iOS 5, a fix should be out soon(ish) .
like an OS update? why do some people have problems and some don't?

Brannon

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2009
like an OS update? why do some people have problems and some don't?

Well, that is what they are trying to determine, but it is suspected to be in the contacts right now. A corrupt contact is causing some bug. But it could be a multitude of things, that is why apple is working on it, this is not just a select few, it is a good percentage of people, I can promise apple is busting there butts trying to find the cause of this issue, they would rather irradiate the issue swiftly, than replace several thousand phones in store when it may not even help.

Best thing to do os try the restore options like I said earlier, if that does not work than I would proceed with going to the apple store.

Mach2001

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
UK
If you the apple store app you can search your nearest store and and then make an appointment to see a genius on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.