If I had a dollar...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JNB, Dec 1, 2007.

1. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

...for every post I've made on MR, I'd have $1,000 now. Yup, this is my 1000th post, and I didn't manage to have anything useful to say or contribute, as is often the case. As far as milestones go, I suppose it's not earth-shattering, but it does represent a commitment of sorts to the community. I hope that I've helped at least a few of you, made some chuckle from time to time, and haven't completely annoyed anyone to the point of abandoning MR.

Oh, and so there's at least a semblance of original information, the slightest factoid: At my current posting rate, I'll match Mad Jew's current post total around February 20th, 2100, which is about the same time BV may forgive me for Spamalot :eek:. I'll be a very cranky 144 then, trying desperately not to be snarky with someone wanting to know when the next mac pro update is...

Now to look for something positive to add to the quality of the Forums for #1,001...

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Congrats

I'm only 33 away from 1,000 myself. Although, as some of those who post in the PRSI forum know, there are some people who have posted much more... I probably have close to 300 or 400 posts in there that don't count toward anything. And that's as it should be actually, but it was a little depressing to watch my average posts per day dwindle when I got (semi) addicted to that forum. But now I've started my first professional full time job, so I'm sure that number will dwindle a little bit more.

At my current rate, I will match Mad Jew's current post total in 36 years at the age of 62...

And this thread is about as helpful as all of Prof.'s (no offense, it was just the first thing I thought of... :) ) threads on how old people are and where his illinois people were.