If I have iOS8 Beta will I have to update to the Public release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beligerent, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Beligerent macrumors regular

Beligerent

Its 11:00 and it still isn't out. I was wondering if I would have to update again because this is the official release so to speak.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

3. Beligerent thread starter macrumors regular

Beligerent

Thank You! I don't think it will be I read that they were pretty much done

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Hmm... It's normally, but not confirm, release at around 10AM Pacific. But it is up to Apple on release time. But normally 10AM Pacific time.

You can post your question in the IOS8 section of the forum.

And to answer your question. You don't have to update your IOS8. But I would highly suggest you should since the beta version will expire. Second, the release or GM version would have more features.

Good luck.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

I read it thinking you had the GM.. you cannot be on a beta right?

6. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

He said Beta. In the title. So I don't recommend holding on to that version. Plus he probably can't since it will expired.

7. jmantn macrumors 6502

I'd expect the Public version to be a different build. There's a few bugs that didn't get squashed in the GM and they had to have the GM sent out to carriers weeks ago so it's very possible today is similar to last year I believe where we get a .1 bump.

Also unlike before apple if fully intending on updating iOS 8 more often this year for example we know we are getting an update in Oct for apple pay and hopefully split screen on iPads and another update next year for the apple watch.

I also suspect whenever Yosemite is done we will also see an iCloud app and of course we need an update to turn back on SMS relay however that may be a switch that can be turned on and off on apple's end without an update.