if I install 100+ ATV4 apps, can I keep them sorted alphabetically at all times?

watermelonbook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
if I install 100+ ATV4 apps, can I keep them sorted alphabetically at all times?

Thanks!

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland

Thanks!

If you want to sort them yourself, yes. Sorting the apps works exactly as it does on iPhone or iPad. You click and hold until it wiggles and then move it where you want it. It will then stay there unless you move it.

If you download a new app, it's added to the bottom of the list and when you move it, everything else moves one space to the right of it.

nicho

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2008
If you want to sort them yourself, yes. Sorting the apps works exactly as it does on iPhone or iPad. You click and hold until it wiggles and then move it where you want it. It will then stay there unless you move it.

If you download a new app, it's added to the bottom of the list and when you move it, everything else moves one space to the right of it.
aka no, there's no automatic sorting.

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Not at the moment no. And considering Apple has never implemented automatic sorting on any of their devices I wouldn't hold my breath for it. (Excluding the home screen reset of course.)