If I jailbreak can I get the jiggling app affect to move them around

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by techlover828, Apr 27, 2008.

1. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I'm getting an ipod touch sometime this week and I'm really excited, I'm planning on jailbreaking with ziphone 3.0. I know that I can get the january apps by just downloading them, but will that allow me to do the jiggleing app affect. Or is that part of the firmware update rather than the software update. Sorry for the stupid question, I'm new to the ipod touch games, but Im looking forward to it.

thanks

2. ColinEC macrumors 6502

That's part of the January Application pack, not part of the firmware.

3. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

so is there away to get it for free by jailbreaking or do I have to pay $20?

4. ColinEC macrumors 6502

5. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

great, so that'll add the jiggling affect? (hard to tell by website, I'll have to try it once I get my ipod touch) thanks

6. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

wait

if u buy ure ipod touch today from apple, the january software upgrade will come preinstalled.... u wont have to pay the $20

7. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

I bought it used.

8. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You can get all of the apps and features for free once you jailbreak.

9. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

again, sorry for the noob question, but how?

10. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I believe getting them for free is piracy, which is illegal.

11. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

this forum category is ipod touch hacks, Isn't that what this is all about?

12. Crossbone macrumors regular

13. Nadasive macrumors 6502

if you didn't get it yet, on installer go to sources and add: http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    once its done refreshing go to install and look for ipodtouched in categories and once its opened, its obvious where it is

14. linden macrumors regular

linden

If it helps I've confirmed this methed

15. stephanos180 macrumors member

Hmmm...

Jailbreaking, as well as other hacks performed on the iPT/iPhone, are modifying the product you purchased, using free software to do so. What you're talking about is stealing. Period.

Shame on you.
    :apple:

16. Nadasive macrumors 6502

Ha

17. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

LOL - You're really slow on the whole Jailbreak scene aren't you? Well you better scamper quick, MR has forums for both iPod Touch and iPhone modding! :eek:

I've paid in full for my product, I own it, I can do whatever the hell I want to do to it. And not one single person who has jailbroken their iPod or iPhone will feel regret or shame from it, or your silly post. Infact, we'll have fun, whilst you grumble and groan in the corner.

You do know that modding products is fairly widespread, and that modding iPods didn't start here. You can go all the way back to the original iPods were linux and doom were installed on there by budding coders.

:apple:

18. Baron58 macrumors 6502

You fail at reading comprehension.

Modding the product is fine. Installing free & open-source software is fine. STEALING the January update that was a $20 charge is NOT fine. The post you were responding to is NOT 'silly'.

Oh, and you do *not* "own" the software (operating system and apps). You "own" the piece of hardware, but the software remains the property of Apple, and you are granted a *license to use* it.

19. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I also confirm this method works

20. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Most people used the simple method from October to add their applications to the touch, months before they asked all the crazy Apple fanboys to fork out $20. Nobody thought it was wrong back then, just because they want $20 for it now makes me a crook for doing it back then?

By the way, if you use ZiPhone, you should be able to put all of the iPhone apps into a folder named "Blucher.zip" (which should transfer over to your iPod when you jailbreak it). I haven't used ZiPhone since I'm still rocking the original 1.1.1, but I've read that you can do that somewhere.

21. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

how does blucher.zip work with the springboard file to enable the jiggly icons? would I need a .sch file with a command?

22. MacBook'06 macrumors member

MacBook'06

do it the easy way

use iJailbreak on your mac - when you jailbreak it, it will simply ask if you want the January update - click ok and its done! i had great problems with ZiPhone (probably cos i have a 16GB, which ZiPhone for some reason doesn't like) - and yes it will give you jiggly apps! :p

23. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

I tried iJailbreak but it didn't matter how I jailbreak it all of the apps just keep freezing, any subjestions?

Thanks

edit: check out my other thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=477325