If I jailbreak my touch today...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Dale Sorel, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

...what happens when 4.0 comes out? When I hook it up to iTunes will it want to update me no matter what? Will I be able to update a jailbroken touch to 4.0 with no problems? And what if I'd rather not update until a jailbreak comes out for 4.0. Can I just ignore the nags coming out of iTunes?

Thanks for any and all help in this matter!

2. Aero26 macrumors regular

Nobody knows. Doubt it though considering if it prompted EVERYONE to update by placing restrictions on those who didn't, all 2G and under iPod Touchs and iPhones would be left out.

They've assured us one is waiting in the wings for the mass release but you never know. You can't really beta test something like this. Hope for the best.

Well, iTunes did give the option to block those similar prompts for 3.13 so yes, hopefully.

3. Dale Sorel thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I'm sorry, could you rephrase that for me.

I assume that if you do a restore on top of a jailbreak you should be able to update to iOS4 with no problems.

You mean there's something in iTunes that lets you turn off nags for new software? I've got my touch hooked up right now and I can't see any setting for turning off prompts for software updates. If I'm missing something then great!

Thanks again!