If I jailbroken my iphone 3g using quickpwn, can I still unlock it somehow?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mysteriouskk, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Mysteriouskk macrumors member

2. rmorningst1 macrumors newbie

it all depends on what baseband you have. If you bought it on the launch date last year then you can unlock it, and Jailbreaking it is the first step. When did you purchase the phone?

3. Mysteriouskk thread starter macrumors member

I did purchase it on launch day. My modem firmware is 02.30.03.

Can I unlock it even though I used quickpwn?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Yes. Just downgrade the baseband using fuzzy baseband downgrader, and then download and run yellowsn0w. It is simple. :)

5. rmorningst1 macrumors newbie

6. egk69 macrumors 6502

to keep this in the same thread, what if i tried that and it says that my phone its not supported (my phone seems to have 5.09 bootloader) any solutions for me?

I buy my iphone last december and i upgrade to 2.2.1 and jailbreak it few months ago :(

7. rmorningst1 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure then. I don't know if they have come out with anything that will work with that baseband. I would recommend doing some research.

8. boontje macrumors newbie

I just bought a locked Iphone and found out it has the newest (06.02) bootloader. I am absolutely certain that there is no way to software-unlock this version, we will just have to wait untill the 3.0 OS is officialy released and the Iphone-dev guys unlock that version.

I have also tried using some turbosims to unlock it, but none of them work... :( Fortunately I tried it at a store that refunds when it doesn't work :D