If I may...

Zaren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2000
I had a dream last night, and in it was the following:

a new flat-screen iMac, but with a twist:

The screen was removable.

The body of the iMac was nothing much more than a charging station and dock for the keyboard and mouse (and other devices like removable media / scanner / etc). The "screen" held the cd drive and the hard drive, and a good size keyboard was available on the screen of the unit, like on current palm / Newton devices. Stylus input was availalable, but it was also touch-capable. It even had a retractable hardware keyboard - yeah, not too logical, but it was a dream, right? :)

It was networked to the dock by bluetooth/irda/airport of some sort... hmm, now that I'm awake, there's a better idea - why not make the "screen" airport ready, and leave networking off of the dock unit altogether?

Just something to share with you all :)

--------------------------
Since I see people posting their piles of gear, here's my vanity posting ;)

G3/233 w/ Sonnet g4/400 upgrade
rev A iMac
Powerbook 190cs
Powermac 6100 w/ Sonnet g3 upgrade
Powermac 7100
Newton 2000 w/ 2100 upgrade
Newton 130
Quicktake 150
LaserWriter II w/ NTX upgrade

greg godwin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
Originally posted by Zaren
I had a dream last night, and in it was the following:

a new flat-screen iMac, but with a twist:

The screen was removable.

The body of the iMac was nothing much more than a charging station and dock for the keyboard and mouse (and other devices like removable media / scanner / etc). The "screen" held the cd drive and the hard drive, and a good size keyboard was available on the screen of the unit, like on current palm / Newton devices. Stylus input was availalable, but it was also touch-capable. It even had a retractable hardware keyboard - yeah, not too logical, but it was a dream, right? :)

It was networked to the dock by bluetooth/irda/airport of some sort... hmm, now that I'm awake, there's a better idea - why not make the "screen" airport ready, and leave networking off of the dock unit altogether?

Just something to share with you all :)

This is exactly what Apple are revealing at MWSF. No retractable keyboard. Airport wireless docking station. Wireless keyboard and mouse too. G4 1GHz.

This is what has never been done to a PC before. The secret is out.