IF i miss the delievery, i can pick it up at the ware house later that day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Jun 22, 2010.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

now that it might come tm. i wont be home. if i miss it. i can pick itup at the ware house later that day correft?

2. Theshadowonme macrumors newbie

No, usually you'll have to wait until the next business day.

:edit: You'll also need to actually call them. You can't just go pick it up the next day, they will try to re-deliver it.

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Yes you can. You can usually pick it up after 7 when the driver returns.

You are wrong shadow. I do this all the time.

4. Theshadowonme macrumors newbie

Ha, ok.

I have never been able to do that, unless you call BEFORE they try to deliver it the first time. It'll be on the truck until the following morning. I guess it also depends on what time your local pick up center stays open until. I live in a major city and mine closes at 6PM YMMV.

5. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Yeah, so do I. Especially with FedEx. For me UPS is difficult about it on occasion.

6. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

I called the main fedex number, (800) go-fedex, and they said they can just hold it at the fedex place and I can pick it up from there. I knew that I wouldn't be home so that's the best option.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

YES
    if the driver returns before the customer p/u area closes.

Here is what will happen -

FedEx will leave a doortag -- or should, they don't always.
    Instructions for p/u will be on the doortag. Basically call up FedEx, tell them you want to p/u a missed delivery tonight. They will tell you what time the driver is scheduled to return to the station and the package available for p/u.

Caveat: drivers often run late b/c of traffic.

If for whatever reason you don't get a doortag BUT tracking says a delivery attempt was made you can then call FedEx and arrange for p/u as above. Do not call them until a delivery attempt was made though. They can't help you until then.

8. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

ill call fed ex during my break. give them mytracking number. thing is online still says estimate for 24th but my email said 23rd. if i call i dont want them to hold it in case it does ship on thursday. its if they deliever it tm thats the problem. my friend has picked up pakages at the fed ex offices before after they try and deliever so i should be ok to do that too
    idk img- gonnna call and ask. i dont think pre signing is good cause they just leave it there

9. mikee336 macrumors member

Just got off the phone with Fedex and was told that they we're unable to make any note to have package held at location until after the first delivery attempt... WTF?? was my cs rep just an idiot or does this sound right?:confused:

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

That is standard policy. You have to wait until they make one delivery attempt.

11. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Idiot.. They can actually put a trace on it as soon as a tracking number appears in system usually when it show "picked up" but Chupa right it's standard policy but depends who you get on phone!

IF YOU GO TO STATION TO PICK UP (which yes you can!!!)

TAKE PHOTO ID prefer government ID! And tracking number will be very helpful!!

Without photo I'd they won't release it to you (not supposed to!!)

12. nws0291 macrumors 6502a

This has been the case for me in the past. It makes sense because it prevents fraud of mailing illegal stuff to addresses that the people don't live at. They also require ID to pickup the package but some people have done this with really good fake IDs. The first attempt eliminates this somewhat.

13. mikee336 macrumors member

Okay i'll try again later and see if i have any better luck.

14. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

ok so tm. if i miss it just call when i see that they have attempted delievery and then ask if i can pick it up tonight. it should go to the hub/warehouse closest to me. i wont be able to see if a note was place so ill just keep an eye on my tracking tm. it will be updated with missed delievery on the tracking. im assuming. then ill call from work.

15. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I work right down the street from the main FedEx distribution point for my city, which is a major city. I often get notified that an attempt was made and am able to call for pickup and go get it between 5 and when they close at 6:30 or 7, as long as the truck has returned.

I was contemplating going in late to work tomorrow as it says delivery by 10:30 am, but I may run over there this morning and see if I can arrange to have it held there for me tomorrow. Then I could go to work and pick it up at lunch.

Either way I will be waiting till I get home to set it up, but at least I wouldn't have to wait till Thursday.

16. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I went over to the distribution center and asked for it to be held for pickup tomorrow and not go on the truck. Sure. Done. I was told I could have called the 800 # to do the same thing. It is not required to make an attempt first. Oddly still says in Alaska, but might not be scanned yet, etc., probably will be flown in tonight and sorted early am.

Saves me having to go into work late to wait for it. :)

17. snapper2323 macrumors member

snapper2323

I was thinking of doing the same thing. That way I could pick up first thing in the morning on my way to work and not have to look at the clock waiting on the delivery driver.

18. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

FedEx called me after I went by the center to let me know it will be available for pickup though it is still in Alaksa :eek: .

However, while trucks leave for delivery routes by 7:30 am or so, sorts are not always completed by then, and the location I went said it is FedEx standard policy that hold pickups are not available until 9 am, though the woman at the counter said I since they open at 8 I could try to come by around 8:30.

I will wait till 9 or 10 simply b/c I can't do anything with the phone till I get home from work that evening.