If I never sync'd my iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, May 17, 2011.

1. Razeus macrumors 603

What happens for people that never sync their iPhone. Yet they get all the updates and such. Does it take up space on your iPhone? I always figured the iPhone keep the "old" app somewhere on the phone and dumped it to the Trash upon sync.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

What "old apps" are you referring to? I don't think I'm following.

3. outl4nd3r macrumors member

I take it you mean apps like angry birds and such. If that is the case then when you up date those apps, the old version is overwritten,there isn't a trash bin for the old versions of apps. But you should back up your phone. If you decide to upgrade to the next version of iphone all your info will transfer over to the new phone.

4. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

I think the poster is referring to app updates. Perhaps he/she suspects that the iPhone is keeping the newly download app, as well as the old version the update is replacing - thereby keeping multiple full versions of a program on board.

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you never sync your phone...

...you will have lost your data and you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

There is no trash or recycle bin to store your old apps. Once they're updated, they're gone. There's no reason for the phone to keep the old app. You can't downgrade the app, so why would the phone keep it?