If I order a MBP today, when will it get here?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chriszimort, Jun 13, 2007.

1. chriszimort macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any idea how long the whole process takes?

To add the equation I am using my ADC account to get my one time hardware discount. I know I have to send proof of enrollment in school, (I don't have to be full time, right?) and that will take a day or so. Oh, and it's just a stock MBP 2.4GHz 15", but with the glossy screen.

Order Confirmation + Enrollment Status Confirmation + Building + Shipping = :confused:

Put on you future-telling caps and tell me... how long is it going to take?

2. thehype31 macrumors member

It depends... Are you getting any BTO options? Are you just going to go with the regular free shipping, or upgrade to the 2-3 day option? Also, what region of the US do you live in?

For example, I ordered my high-level 15" one week ago today, with 2-3 day shipping, and it was delievered at 9:52 ET this morning :D

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Also, will you be ordering in the morning, afternoon, or evening. And will you be home the day it arrives or will you need to schedule a 2nd delivery attempt or pick it up at the shipping facility.

4. chriszimort thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in kentucky and will by ordering in the evening. I was not planning on getting the 2-3 day shipping... does the regular shipping really take longer than 2-3 days? Also, I am getting it delivered to my office where there will be someone to sign for it.

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Well I just ordered a stock 15" 2.4GHz model and I too am a Student Developer. The activation of your ADC Student Developer membership should take about a day or less after faxing in proof of enrollment. I had ordered my MBP on Monday, shortly after the WWDC keynote and it's only shipped out today(Wednesday Evening), well really Thursday morning in China. It's slated to be delivered on Monday the 18th so I guess you could look at anywhere between a week minimum after ordering to have laptop in hand.

6. tango554 macrumors member

From faxing in proof of enrollment and ordering to arrival at my door in florida, my mbp (15" 2.2 160gb) took 7 days with standard shipping.