iPad mini If I Order An ipad wifi+Cellular from Apple for Pickup Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HeyGreggie, Nov 14, 2013.

1. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Question: If I order a tmobile ipad wifi+cellular device from Apple for pickup and it says carrier t-mobile, can't I always just switch it to work with my verizon network later on?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You can, though it might require a little finessing to get Verizon to activate it for you. it's technically possible, but some people have said they ran into some difficulty, partly because Verizon tracks their inventory and hems and haws and activating a device that's not in their database. It CAN be done though.

The opposite (Verizon iPad to T-Mobile) works perfectly and effortlessly. I did it. But T-Mobile is happy to activate an iPad not "branded" to their network as long as it's compatible.

3. HeyGreggie thread starter macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

ah, I understand completely. it seems as if the only one available in the entire store is a white tmobile version. I was hoping in 14 days to be able to change to a black slate one if they come available (since I'm impatient and dont want to wait)

4. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

If you buy it, keep it or else wait. No reason to Apple to subsidize your impatience and vanity. Let someone else that actually wants one to get it.