Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahrenba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Hey Guys,

I have been waiting so long for the new MacBooks to be announced. This will be my first Mac, and I even put off having a notebook for school in order to wait for the new ones.

So, if I order a MacBook on October 14th, how long am I looking at until I actually receive the product?

I have never purchased a Mac before, much less at the time of a new product release, so that is why I am asking.

Any tips are appreciated also. Thanks.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Nobody outside of Apple will know until Apple says when during the event on the 14th. My guess with an event like this, even though Apple hasn't had one completely like it before, you could probably order it on the 14th, but it may be at least 2 weeks before it ships, and then possibly a week while it is shipping.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
it's a crapshoot for new products on launch day. for regular products, depending on where you are, you can get them fairly quickly. i'm in california and i've received product within two days of placing my order.

ahrenba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Thanks guys.

Does Apple stop taking orders if they receive more than they have in stock, or do they let the orders flow in and just ship them to you as they become available?

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks guys.

Does Apple stop taking orders if they receive more than they have in stock, or do they let the orders flow in and just ship them to you as they become available?

Say Apple has 20,000 units and the Apple site states 24 hour shipping, then those 20,000 either all sell or they are getting close to selling out Apple will update the ship time on the site to something like 2 weeks.

tkiss

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2008
Hey Guys,

I have been waiting so long for the new MacBooks to be announced. This will be my first Mac, and I even put off having a notebook for school in order to wait for the new ones.

So, if I order a MacBook on October 14th, how long am I looking at until I actually receive the product?

I have never purchased a Mac before, much less at the time of a new product release, so that is why I am asking.

Any tips are appreciated also. Thanks.
im in the same boat as you

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
You could order on October 12th or 13th.

They're not going to send you an old one if you order on October 13th, so when you order, they'll probably just tell you that you'll get it within 5-7 business days (which is longer than usual for Apple), and that's it.

Anyway, they're not going to be available at BB or anything on the day of release. No way.

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
You could order on October 12th or 13th.

They're not going to send you an old one if you order on October 13th, so when you order, they'll probably just tell you that you'll get it within 5-7 business days (which is longer than usual for Apple), and that's it.

Anyway, they're not going to be available at BB or anything on the day of release. No way.

apple store? maybe? probably?

Vivid.Inferno

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I wish there was an apple store closer then 4 hours away. I am not wasting the gas for a computer lol. The only reason I'd buy from Best Buy is because of financing. Apple doesn't offer financing does it?:confused:

elpenguino

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2008
Florida
I wish there was an apple store closer then 4 hours away. I am not wasting the gas for a computer lol. The only reason I'd buy from Best Buy is because of financing. Apple doesn't offer financing does it?:confused:

Yeah, they do. You have to get a Juniper Visa Card. Then they let you make payments. When you pick out which model you want, at the bottom it says "or as low as __ a month"

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
Apple store usually won't have any on the day of the release, and only in limited supply in the following weeks. That means not all models will be available immediately, and definitely no customizations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.