If i preorder will i get charged right away?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cjshino, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Cjshino macrumors regular

i think id rather pick it up in store but i dont want it to be sold out

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Once it ships, please google first!!!

3. DoctorYuyi macrumors member

Actually it depends on how you're pre-ordering. A lot of companies will actually charge you right away if you're using a credit card or Paypal. If you're using a debit card, gift card, or any other kind of purchase they will wait. Some still wait for credit cards and Paypal, and I believe Apple is one of them.

4. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

I just Googled and saw a bunch of different answers - right away, when it ships, when you pick it up from the store ect, ect...

5. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

6. Indexserv macrumors newbie

When I pre-ordered the iPhone 5, Apple didn't charge until it shipped, BUT it shipped right away. There wasn't much difference between charging at time of order and charging at time of shipping.

7. Jnava420 macrumors regular

debit

i paid with a debit card for my iphone 5 it held an authorization until it shipped then the authorization went away funds came back into my account for about a day then a real charge to my card

8. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

At minimum they would be putting a hold on the funds at time of purchase. No funds, no order. It would get kicked out of the ordering process. :apple:

9. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

If you're worried about having sufficient funds maybe one should hold off a little while you collect more?

10. yegon macrumors 68020

Preordered a 3G mini earlier via debit card, already took the cash!

11. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

I preordered my iPad mini two hours ago and it took the entire amount immediately. Used my debit card.

12. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

I think you'll find that in a few days the funds will be released, as initially Apple does a Pre Authorization to the card (credit and debit) for the full order amount of the order to ensure the funds are available. The authorization number they obtained in doing this is valid for up to 1 year, allowing them to post the charge at any time going forward, regardless of whether the funds were available still or not. If they were not, the charge would put you over limit or overdrawn.

Typically, Apple will actually post the transaction at the time of shipping. So, in the. Axe of you ordering the 3G mini, as it is not available until sometime in Nov., you should see the hold on the funds release within the next 7 days.

13. yegon macrumors 68020

Aah gotcha. I should know this given how much Apple stuff I've preordered :)

14. bruceclay85 macrumors member

bruceclay85

I used a debit MasterCard and mine was charged immediately for what its worth...

15. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

When pre-ordered the iPhone 5, my card was charged the day after shipping.

16. nanotoj macrumors regular

nanotoj

I just checked my bank account and my debit card has been charged for the cover only. The white iPad mini is scheduled to ship in 2 weeks and has not had any charges made for it yet which is fine by me.

17. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

For what it's worth, I've been charged already too.

18. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

There's always one... :rolleyes:

19. mayassa macrumors regular

On my Visa it put a $1 hold.
    On my MC it charged the whole amount.

Looks like it varies, I still surprised the Black Mini's are still in stock

20. Jnava420 macrumors regular

Different from the 5

Paid with exact same card as I did with the 5 and like I said in previous post I got an authorization right away when I ordered the 5

This time around I ordered a mini and 4th gen both black wifi 32gb and a mini grey cover, only been charged for the cover so far not even charged just a authorization really....was a visa debit check card with us bank