If I purchase this...what else do I need?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jayeskreezy, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

    Mar 3, 2005
    Ok I am going to purchase an 80gb hd from newegg.com. This is the link:

    If I purchase strictly that what do I need to make it an external drive? I know that I need an external enclosure, but what type of cables, cords, etc.? Does that stuff come with the external enclosure?

    This must be able to go back and forth between a mac and a PC. Someone mentioned something about FAT32 the other day, but anyway. What all do I need?
  2. redeye be macrumors 65816

    redeye be

    Jan 27, 2005
    The enclosure will provide you with all the cables u need. You should simply decide wether to go for a USB or FireWire one.
    Worst case scenario is you have to buy a USB or FireWire cable.
    The contents of a box is always printed on the outside, so read it before you check out.

Share This Page