If I Renewed AppleCare With Another Year Does That Reset My 365 Day Count?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iNew2Macs, Apr 25, 2009.

1. iNew2Macs macrumors newbie

Say I buy an iMac, My year is about to come up. (I have 35 Days Left) If I renew it with 1 year does that mean I have 35 days to add another year or does is give me another 365 Day count?

Easier Mode: Do I ONLY get 365 Days period, even If I renew it in the future say like 60 days after I purchase? Does it reset to the 365 day limit for 3rd applecare.

(I dont want to buy 3 years off the bat because incase I accidently spill water on it or something. Dont wanna waste 400 Dollars.)
    :D

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I would assume it would just add another 365 days to your original. Since a lot of people buy theirs when they first get it, it would then just be a year if it cleared the original, if that makes sense?

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Applecare covers you for 3 years from the date of purchase of the machine regardless of when you purchased the APP.

I'm not sure I completely understood the question though, kinds lost it about half way through.

4. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

AppleCare MUST be purchased and activated within the first year. On the one year anniversary of the purchase of the computer, even if you have already purchased it but not registered it, it is out of warranty and cannot be brought back under warranty.

5. iNew2Macs thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok Apple Gives us 1 Year to renew the warranty right?

Now say I renew it for another year, I had 20 days left to renew it. Now If I wanted to add the 3rd year, do I still only have 20 days to renew the 3rd one or do I get 365 days because of the second renewal?

Hope you guys get what im trynna say :eek:

Thanks for the help

6. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Applecare is only sold as a 3 year warranty, the original year and an extra two years. You can not buy just one more year of coverage. You have 20 days to buy Applecare period, end of story. If you do you will get a TOTAL of 3 years warranty, 2 more in your case since you already have used the first year up.

7. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

So whit Applecare you buy only two years of additional warranty?

I tought, that this means 1 years (orig. warranty for all Apple products) + 3 years (with AppleCare) = 4 years.

8. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Nope, just 3 years total. At least thats how it is in the States.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/faqs.html

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

As I said in my post AppleCare covers you for three years from the date of purchase of the computer.

If you wait a year you only get two years extra coverage. AppleCare replaces the one year standard warranty and 90 days basic phone support and adds an extra two years.

You get the best value out of AppleCare if you buy it when you get the machine.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

AppleCare does not replace the standard warranty. It brings your 1 year warranty and 90 days of phone support to three years (from date of original hardware purchase) provided AC is purchased within the first year of ownership.

[​IMG]

11. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I meant in the sense that it's a better standard of care. With desktop machines the warranty is onsite with APP but not with the standard warranty and the level of phone support is much higher.

It's a much better experience than the regular coverage.

12. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

AppleCare, as has been said, is a 3 year coverage against anything that goes wrong with your computer from a hardware or software standpoint.

The graphic that was displayed a few posts earlier outlines its coverage times. The statement made about onsite repairs with AppleCare on a desktop computer is dependent on your proximity to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Apple does not cover you against physical or liquid damage with AppleCare.

I am curious where you got the $400.00 price tag for AppleCare because on an iMac it's only $169.00.

Buy it.

13. iNew2Macs thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh haha I made a mistake I was adding the 3 years. 169 x 3

But yeah thats not that bad if I max out my years.

14. JustGretchen macrumors 6502