If I reserve the iPhone....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowlman23, Jun 16, 2010.

1. bowlman23 macrumors regular

and I don't get there till 6:30PM, I should still get it, right? It seems like all the reservation people are getting there at 7AM, but I have work and can't make it that early. I'm still guaranteed one, right? I don't want someone who didn't reserve to get my iPhone.

Also, I reserved one for me, and my wife reserved one for her, but we are on the same family plan. We are both eligible for upgrades. We should both be allowed to purchase them since we reserved them, right? I read somewhere that Apple was saying one iPhone per family plan...but we are both eligible and we were both able to reserve.

Thanks everyone for the help.

2. SPeditor macrumors regular

When you reserved both, did you get the family price rate for the second phone? Did you do separate orders?

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

No, not anymore. It seems to be all first come, first serve.

4. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Don't worry Tara is wrong you are guaranteed one if you did the reservation till they close after that it goes into the first come first serve

5. bowlman23 thread starter macrumors regular

There was no rate. I went to order from the Apple App, and it told me that my pre-order couldn't be processed, but I could reserve one at the store. So I did that (and so did my wife). We both got confirmation emails.

6. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

No, you are incorrect. Reservations do not mean you are guaranteed one. Read the fine print at the bottom of the reservation email: "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

7. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

please stop posting this all over the forums. i have noticed several posts of yours informing people the incorrect information on this subject.

they stopped FUTURE reservations. anyone who wants to pick up in store now must wait in line on a first come, first served basis.

those of us lucky enough to get our reservations confirmed will be allocated a phone for launch day.