If I restore questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BacklitFirefly, May 9, 2010.

1. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

I'm jailbreaked currently, but if I restore, how do I do that so that it is as though I never jailbreaked? ( ie: so that if I had to have warranty work done, the Apple folks would have no way to know I had ever done a jailbreak.)

If I don't restore, here is another question: what if I am a MobileMe subscriber and my iPhone is stolen? Can I still use "find my iPhone" and the data wipe feature on a jail broken phone? Does it work just the same as it would on a non jb device?

Thanks.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

For all intents and purposes, restoring and setting up as new removes all evidence of the jailbreak.

MobileMe has nothing to do with jailbreaking, so yes, it will work the same (how well it works for that purpose is another subject).

3. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not really contemplating restoring my iPhone -- just a "what if" thing I was wondering, in case I ever have to send it in.

It's good to know the MobileMe features would work fine whether a phone is jb or not. Thanks. :cool: