If I return my iPhone 4, will I get my upgrade back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prospereagle92, Jul 17, 2010.

1. prospereagle92 macrumors regular

Okay so I have until the 24th to return my new phone. And I'm wondering if I do decide to return it and go back to my 3GS, will I get my upgrade back? Because ideally I would like to get the white one when they finally release it. Does anyone know if this is possible?!

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Yes. You'll get it back. It may take 3-5 days to reflect the change.

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

This has been asked too many times now. Do a search.:rolleyes:

4. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

It can be done almost instantly if you ask the right people at AT&T. It's just a flag in their database.

5. prospereagle92 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure I went through the first 5 pages looking for a thread answering this and didn't a single one. But thanks for helping...not

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

You might find this link useful:

MRoogle

7. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

Yes this is definitely possible. Where did u purchase the phone? I had my iPhone shipped back on a wednesday and eligibility reset by Friday.

8. prospereagle92 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I know I've seen that plenty I just was being lazy and not using it because I forgot what it was called. A little late but thanks anyways. And hlysmksbtmn I got it from the apple store after 14 hours in line.

9. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

Should be a quick turnaround then. There are things you can do to expedite the eligibility reset but 24 hour turnaround for me was good enough.

10. trespinosranch macrumors newbie

Don't forget the 30 days starts from the ship date (if you ordered by Apple/Fed Ex).

11. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Is this true? Mine shipped on the 20th so does that mean I have to CALL apple monday to return or it has to be in there hands monday which would mean I am SOL. I would argue that I should be able to have the phone in my possession for 30 days.

I guess I will call tomorrow.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, my receipt says shipped June 20th and ordered on June 15th as well... :eek:

13. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I was wondering the same thing... more specifically since this is my first contract with at&T if i returned my phone does that mean it terminates my contract? or can i use a cheap phone until i can order a white iphone....?

14. gemarker macrumors newbie

I love my new iPhone 4!!! I tried to cause the antenna problem everyone is talking about but mine doesn't do it. Even my fiancé was only able to get it to go down 1 single bar which wouldn't even cause a call to be dropped, and that was with him trying to do it. I would never ever return it.