If I return the iphone does ATT void the contract as well?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamKamil, Jul 4, 2010.

1. iamKamil macrumors member

iamKamil

I've had it with the iPhone 4.0. I've had them all since they came out with the first one but this one is truly garbage. I'm not trolling here nor am I paid by droid etc etc etc. I cannot have a normal conversation on the phone without clicking something with my face.....my latest issue is that when I take pics, they do not automatically show up in the camera roll. I have to restart the phone to see them there. The phone is all but useless to me.

My question....will ATT void my contract? I'm not sure what I'm going to do about a new phone but I definitely need something new.

2. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Thats how i remember it working with the 3g, return the phone within the first 30 days and you don't have to pay an ETF, after that you can keep the phone but you still have to pay the ETF.

3. iamKamil thread starter macrumors member

iamKamil

Thank you....glad I posted this. I had intentions of reviewing the phone for 30 days to see if a new update would come out. I need to hit up an Apple store soon and get rid of this defective device (perhaps mine is an actual lemon).

4. themagicman00 macrumors member

Well, let me tell that I returned my iphone 3 at the apple store and at the end of the month I still received a bill from att. It did take a few mor phone calls and a personal trip to the apple store followed by an apple employee to att (luckily both stores are about 15" from each other)

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

After you return the phone to apple, head over to AT&T and show them your receipt to prove to them you returned the phone so they can cancel the contract. I've seen sometimes where a company will take the phone back but never let the carrier know, and then it can turn into a big he said she said type of thing where they have no record of you returning phone and thinking the contract is legit.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

if your already on a contract with AT&T for a previous phone that expires, for example, this November and you upgraded to the new iPhone 4, then this is considered and upgrade. If you cancel your new contract now, then it will just go back to your previous contract that will still expire in November.

if your a New AT&T customer and you just started your contract now with the iPhone 4, then you have the ability to cancel your contract before the 30 days and avoid any ETF and your account will reset to allow you to get another phone.