If I return Tiger at Best Buy will they give me Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by afan, Oct 28, 2007.

1. afan macrumors newbie

I bought Tiger at bestbuy friday I knew leopard was coming out but my g4 wont support it. Im new to mac and I didn't know about programs like xpostfacto. So I have 30 days to return softwear and exchange it for the same softwear. So my question is that since they no longer sell tiger if I go in and exchange it will they give me leopard? Sorry if it doesn't make any since it is hard to explain.

2. comebackdwn macrumors regular

probably not. best buy tends to constantly screw people over if they can.

although, the fact that they have no idea what they are doing helps you out sometimes. once, my ipod was having some trouble. i was new to ipods then, and took it in. all it needed was a simple reset, because it froze. but the geek squad turned out to be nothing but geeks. so they gave me a brand new one.

3. ivnj macrumors 65816

Well if tiger doesn't work then leopard isn't going to either. It needs 867 G4. So it may not run either.

4. afan thread starter macrumors newbie

Tiger worked fine. I just didn't know I had the option of leopard when I bought it.

5. joebells macrumors 6502

well if you didn't install it yet and if you didn't have to break a seal to open the disc(not the box, the disc itself) then you can refuse the terms of the license agreement. If the disc was sealed in something else inside the box and you broke that seal then you are out of luck as far as being able to return it for that reason.

The way that works is they have to let you return it since the license agreement is in the box so you are allowed to open the box and read it and then return it if you don't agree with the license agreement. But if the disc itself is sealed and you open it also then you are out of luck.

edit: didn't read the last post somehow. Looks like you installed it so it looks like you are out of luck in that regard and my guess is that best buy has some copies still but maybe not.

6. illitrate23 macrumors 6502

illitrate23

well i wouldn't go ahead and exchange it just yet - xpostfacto does not yet support Leopard (or at least, i'm not sure anyone's reported having any success with it) so i'd wait until you find a definate confirmation that it works for your type of mac
    for what it's worth, i'm probably going to try and use it to install Leopard on my G4 iLamp when i get a chance