If I returned a defective 3G and none avail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jul 23, 2008.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

If I returned a 3G and they had none available to replace it with and I got my money back should I still be qualified to get another at the discounted price when they come into the store?

2. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

aw man dude you just messed up your eligibility :( You're now doomed to pay the $499 price I think. You should have kept it a little bit longer and then find a day to exchange it with yours

I waiting until today after looking for almost 2 weeks for a black 16GB. I had until the 25th to do it.

sorry man

3. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

If it is a defective product, I don't see how I can be penalized and make me unqualified. I did my part, they sold me a defective product. I have 5 phones thru AT&T and one of them is a 2G iPhone, I would think that they would look at that and see that I am a good customer.

4. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Yes you should be able to get it at the price you originally paid.

5. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

yeah that's also true, if you're in good standing with AT&T--you're straight to get it for the subsidized price!

6. pavvento macrumors 6502

If you're bringing back a defective phone to the genius bar they'll probably swap it out. It depends if you're doing a return (depending on when you got it) or if you're going to the genius bar to get it fixed.

7. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

FWIW, when I returned a defective 3G the Apple Store was officially out of stock, but I received a replacement on the spot from a separate stock maintained for just such situations and apparently managed by the Genius Bar.

You might consider bringing all your paperwork to the Apple Store, and ask to speak with the manager about it. Hope it works out for you.

8. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will be at the store first thing tomorrow morning to see about a replacement.

9. Pooshka macrumors 65816

davidlw, don't worry, I'm in the same situation. I bought a white iPhone 3G on the 11th and returned it on the 21st. Apple sent an eligibility date reversal request to AT&T. The process can take up to 30 days. I'm willing to wait.

10. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well AT&T let me get a replacement 3G. I pre-ordered a 16 gig white phone. They said that the White phones seem to be coming in a little faster than the black ones. We will see!