If i sold my iphone..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingdLo, Jun 15, 2009.

1. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Would I be able to get a regular phone, cancel data and get a cheaper text plan and keep the same number?

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

yes

3. actorkid macrumors 6502

yeah, you will probably have to buy a regular phone at full price. You can get rid of data, but text plans are the same no matter what phone you have, so i'm not sure what you're asking there. You can downgrade to whatever plan you want, but the price points are still $5 for 200 texts, $15 for 1500 texts, and $20 for unlimited

4. kingdLo thread starter macrumors 6502

Word, i have a spare phone already. what if i didn't sell my iphone and switched the sim back, but never used the data part of the phone. just to use it as a phone with text + mms and my ipod.

5. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I think ATT makes you have a data plan.. if you have an iPhone.. I would not reconmend doing that becuase any data that does happen will be charged

6. Switz213 macrumors 6502

I don't think that you need a data plan but I could be wrong. However, without data, you will not have a voicemail.

7. actorkid macrumors 6502

you can do this, and it will work...but there's a catch

att does periodic plan checks, and if they see that you have an iphone without a data plan, they have the right to add the plan on without notifying you

who knows how long it would take for them to catch you...whether or not to take the risk is up to you

edit: forgot to mention that visual voicemail won't work, and any data you DO use over the network will either ring up quite a large bill, or won't work at all...i'm not sure

8. williamgallas10 macrumors regular

I have been using my iPhone 3g without data since December. There is no risk involved. Just make sure you call ATT and have them place a data block on your line.