If I subscribed for Newstand magazines, can I redownload?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by appleproducts1, Jul 19, 2013.

1. appleproducts1 macrumors newbie

Say I become a subscriber for some of the magazines for a month or two but later cancel the subscription. I think maybe even reinstall my PC.

Would I be able to download back all my old copies of my magazines I paid for?

Or do you need to keep a physical copy with you by saving a soft copy in a backup drive on the PC?

Also, if I have more than one apple device, and I purchase on another device, would that other device be able to download the same copy of the article, similar to what you can do with sharing music?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The magazines are only on your devices, they don't touch your PC, except for the "Apps".

You can "Restore Purchases" from the Newsstand app. It various on where it's located since it's within the magazine. It doesn't matter if you're not currently subscribed.

And they sync across iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone, yeah.

3. appleproducts1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. So is there anything I can do to ensure I always get to keep a copy of the magazines and will continue to have access to it forever? Just like a real life magazine, I can have it stored away - can I do this for the newstand mags?

I just dont want to pay for a service that is continually subscription based in order to get access. I want to say, see a good issue, and maybe buy that one issue and then not go back until I see another good issue. No different to how you pick and choose magazines at a book store.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The magazines always stay in the apps themselves. So if they pull the plug, that could be a problem. I think you might want to look into Zinio which has a Reader app that lets you store the copies offline on your computer. The way they have single issues set up id a lot better than Apple's. You can even print out pages (my favorite feature).

You can't "store away" copies other than on your devices. That might change with iBooks coming to the Mac, but we don't know yet. The magazines are in the cloud though, and they'll stay there.