If I tether jailbreak now will I be able......

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Jan 8, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

If I do the tethered jailbreak today will I be able to just over install the untethered jailbreak when it comes out to the public?

Or is there no way of knowing that yet until it's finally released??

Please advise.

Thanks.

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

How about more info? Phone model, firmware, etc. I want to assume you are referring to the latest beta of redsn0w and using an iphone 4. My iphone 4 is untethered and on 4.2.1 and jailbroken. Of course I'm on the jailbreak train and have 42b3 shsh on file.

3. jinx1000 macrumors member

I would assume at the worst you would have to restore to official and rejailbreak.

I know this didnt exactly answer your question.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

comex is hoping for it to be installed via a Cydia package. Musclenerd said that is could also be done via a rerun on a newer version of redsn0w.

5. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

That's the exact answer I was hoping for! It usually takes me a good 4 to 5 hours to get my phone back to the way I like it, so at the risk of not being able to just over install the untethered I think I'll keep waiting for it to come out.

And for the first person who replied....all my info is in my signature....except the fact I was using the newest version of redsn0w.

Thanks everyone!