If I upgrade, will I get the iphone apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by illweather, Aug 18, 2008.

1. illweather macrumors regular

So I have a 16GB Touch, jailbroken running 1.1.3. I love it, but over the last few months everything seems to be slowing down, and far too many apps freeze on me.

I was going to erase everything and start from scratch, and I'm considering just buying the $10 upgrade to 2.0. However, if I buy this, will I also get all the "iphone apps"? I remember a few months ago Apple was charging (I think) $10 for the apps not included with the Touch, but if you upgrade to 2.0, then will I get those apps as well? I have them now (though I didn't pay), but want to make sure that upgrading will provide me with legit copies.

Thanks for the help

2. RRutter macrumors 6502

I don't really understand what you mean.. If you buy the 2.0 upgrade, than you can sync all AppStore apps on it.. And if you want me to help you jailbreak it, please come check out my live streaming website where there's chat, and I will help you with a walkthrough from start to scratch. Jailbreaking 2.0 gives you the right to have free Apps.. I also have some other information for you about a free 2.0 upgrade, but I cannot talk about it here on the forums, so either IM me on AIM, my AIM is dukefan0908
    or I would rather you go to my website, like i said before, and go to the live chat where I am always at..http://www.rylierutter.blogspot.com

:apple:

3. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Yes, the $10 2.0 will get you Maps, Weather, Notes, Mail, and Stocks. They are now included in 2.0

4. RRutter macrumors 6502

Oh now I understand her question, thanks txhockey, best answer yet!

:apple:

5. illweather thread starter macrumors regular

Word, that's what I thought, but thanks for the confirmation.

And RRutter, maybe I'll head over to your site instead... My only problem is my G4 tower (main computer) is dead right now, and so I'm using my older G4 tower for the time being, and thus also running 10.4.11 instead of 10.5 (which is on the broken G4). My only concern would be that if I setup my Touch using the older G4, then when I fix my main computer, will I easily be able to transfer this "software purchase" to iTunes on the main computer? I know that music purchases can be easily transferred, but wasn't sure about the software upgrade and/or apps that I might purchase from the App Store. Hope that makes sense, and thanks for the help.

6. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

All apps are redownloadable for free, and you can move the update file over to your other computer. Apps are stored in your iTunes folder. The update files are located in Users/Your Username/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates in Leopard-not sure about Tiger though.

7. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

On Windows XP, the updates save to "C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates". I copied over the entire folder to a thumb drive and was able to keep everything even after reformatting, without having to re-download. :)

8. illweather thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.