If I use an older backup using Time Capsule will I be able to load a newer backup?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac.wubaby, Dec 9, 2009.

1. mac.wubaby macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about doing a refresh of my macbook pro because its been giving me alot of the beach ball lately and I have 10+ backups on my external HD. I was thinking about using an older backup to try and determine if its because of all the applications I have now or because I need a refresh. Anything I should be careful of like:

-after I refresh with an older backup and Time Capsule does another backup afterwards will I lose all of my newer backups?

-will I need to keep track of my serial #s especially since I have Office 08 for mac through downloading from an EPP?

BTW I am running on snow leopard but I didn't do a clean install. I just installed it over leopard. I think I heard ppl saying its better to do it clean. That's why I'm starting off with a clean reinstall.

2. mac.wubaby thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone have any tips? I really want to get my apple quicker.

could I bring this issue to apple to resolve it?

3. mac.wubaby thread starter macrumors newbie

HELP Please!

Please can someone help? I'm a complete newbie and this is my first mac. I was told the mac community was really helpful. Please help!