iPad If I use my Smartcase with a body shield underneath will I stretch it out?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by bobright, Feb 1, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

So I have a full body skin that I always throw on my iPad as soon as I get one. I just recently though bought a Smartcase. It fits fine over the top of my body shield but do you guys think I should take it off as it'll stretch my case perhaps?

I always use one underneath cases for the added protection but it looks like I probably don't need it, it doesn't look like dirt or anything can get in between the case and iPad causing it to scratch as it's a snug fit. Should I take it off?

2. Brady KEITH macrumors member

Brady KEITH

how much girth does the skin add to the backside of your ipad?

if it's negligible, i doubt there'd be an issue with stretching.

by comparison, i use a skin + semi-transparent/semi-rigid case on my phone, and i haven't experienced any issues.

3. Kisey macrumors 6502a

I usually do the same (full body protector + case). This time around, I bought the official apple case, and only went with a screen protector. The case has such a perfect fit, you'll probably have to squeeze your iPad in there. I suppose it won't matter if it stretches if you'll be using that combo forever, or don't ever plan on removing the back protector.

4. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I ended up taking it off why the added weight when it fits like a glove? The iPad is breathing a little easier was very snug before. :)