If I warranty my iPhone 3G...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nationals13, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Nationals13 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3G has been having software issues for a while; crashing, not being detected in iTunes, etc. I know that I can replace it using the warranty, because I had the exact same issues when I first got my iPhone, and I went to the AT&T store 2 days later and they replaced it promptly. The only reason I haven't gotten this one replaced yet is because the issues began occurring semi-recently (2 weeks ago) and I haven't gotten around to it yet.

But now that there's buzz about a new iPhone, I was wondering if I could wait until that came out, then warranty my phone and they would replace it with the new model. Or would they give me one a fresh 3G?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

They'll just give you another 3G. Apple have a large stock for warranty replacements.

3. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

You will go on trial in Cupertino. (think Guantanamo Bay here) After being held for nearly a decade a conservative president who hates Apple is eventually elected might come to your aid. By such a time you will have been waterboarded repeatedly (as you in fact deserve it) If such assistance isn't granted they will give you the exact same phone but one that has been refurbished.

Hope this helps.

4. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

My iphone 4gb broke almost 6 months after the 4gb had stopped being produced, I was hoping I would get the 8gb, nope, they had plenty in stock!

No free upgrades ever!

5. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

My friend got his 4 Gb iPhone replaced today. They gave him a refurbished 4 GB iPhone.