If I were not at home, when...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xfield, Oct 27, 2008.

1. xfield macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I ordered a Macbook, and now it is prepared for shipment, and I have a question, if there was no one at home, when the macbook was delivered, what would happen to me or to my macbook??

Thanks.:eek:

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

unless you pre-signed, it would go back to the delivery company's distribution (local) center. Apple requires a signature confirmation for everything they ship -- that is why I ship to my work address where everything is automatically signed.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Don't believe that for a second. FedEx has, on more than one occasion, left shipments from Apple on my front steps with no signature. Once it was a G5 PowerMac, and another it was a 30" Cinema Display.

Fortunately both were still there when I got home, but the tracking on both indicated that they were signed for by:
    F. RONTDOOR

Nice, huh? :eek:

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

must have been the driver's call and a case by case basis... scary though.

5. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Yeah, like said above you can presign so they leave it on your door - but thats risky imo.

What I normally do is leave a note on my door to leave it with my neighbors (who work from home) and give them the heads up something is coming. If they wont be home either, then I just pick it up from fedex (only 5-10 mins from my house) after 5pm. The note they leave behind will have instructions on how to do this and what times you can come between.

But I will again say, NOT a good idea to leave it on the porch. Chances are nothing will happen, but IF it does, you are 100% SOL. Not really worth the risk.

- Chris

6. xfield thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for the replies:cool:

I signed for my neighbor once, but I think it was not apple product, just normal mailbox.
    My shipping method is Merge In Tnst NL Til, which I do not know at all. But I don't think FedEx would deliver for me, because I'm in Europe, and I have a customised macbook, and an ipod Touch with engraving.

Now my delivers time says 10 Nov or 11 Nov, would my orders be delivered only on these two days? or it also can be on any other days?

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

When I order stuff from Apple, I always check the tracking information constantly to see where it's at and when it will arrive. Almost everything I've ordered from Apple has arrived earlier than the estimated dates.

8. xfield thread starter macrumors newbie

that is definitely good news for me. I hope it would be earlier by me too.:rolleyes: